quarta-feira, setembro 06, 2006

Note of a friend of Vanessa in Bolivia

I still cannot put in words the feelings I have since I learned of Vanessa`s murder. A mixture of extreme sadness, rage, impotence. I`ve known Vanessa while working with the Rainforest Alliance for around 10 years now. I have great memories of working with her, having a beer at night near the Chico Mendes Reserve and even celebrating her birthday in Vermont in 2001. What I will remember most about her is her humbleness, her beautiful smile and her love for life that was so contagiating. I wish that she rests in peace and I send all my support to her family and friends.
Vanessa, we will put all our efforts and energy to continue your work. You will always be remembered by your friends at the Rainforest Alliance.

Katherine Pierront - SmartWood Program/Rainforest Alliance
Gerente Regional Sudamérica / South America Regional Manager
SmartWood Program / Rainforest Alliance
Santa Cruz, Bolivia

Nenhum comentário: